About Me

I'm a 36 year old happily married SAHM, college student. I have 3 beautiful little terrors who drive me insane by being so much like me. I am fighting the good fight against a rare auto immune disease called Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Giving is so much better than receiving :)

Odd title I know but it goes with what I have to say this morning lol. Right now I'm sure you have heard of all the fires that are taking homes,our woods, and many peoples everything. It's horrifying to think so many people are now misplaced. Surely they are scared and feel lost and maybe a little unsure of everything. This afternoon I drove an hour to drop off donations to the Utah fire victims.
Why?? Because I would hope that someone would help me if I ever find myself in that predicament.
I am always preaching paying it forward. But honestly this is something I try to live by. I may not have a huge house to live in, a ton of money at my disposal, a fancy car to drive; but I have everything that truly makes me rich in ways that money never can. I have a truly amazing man who happens to be both my husband and best friend, I have 3 beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, giving children. I am still able to walk, talk, and hold my family in my arms. While may be in pain often, I can still feel! I have doctors who listen to me. My life could be so much worse. I feel very blessed. So if I can do anything to restore that sense of being blessed in one person, it was all worth while.
You never know when the simplistic of things such as a smile can totally turn around someone's whole day. So tomorrow when you are out in about open the door for a stranger, smile and say hello to someone you walk by. Give a piece of you. Much love

Xoxox
JAG

No comments:

Post a Comment