About Me

I'm a 36 year old happily married SAHM, college student. I have 3 beautiful little terrors who drive me insane by being so much like me. I am fighting the good fight against a rare auto immune disease called Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Teenage Drama Already!?!?

Sorry I haven't posted recently. My hands have been hurting so I haven't been doing much of nothing.

As for today's title. As I've told y'all Z is a preteen. She's 10. I will admit I'm pretty strict with Z, not as strict as I had it growing up. But enough that I allow her to be a child and I am certain of her safety. Now with that being said I decided to give her a little bit of leeway. Her best friend Sidney is moving away and they only have a little bit of time together. So when Sid asked if Z could go to the outdoor pool with Sid I agreed. Sid's mom picked Z up and took the girls there. I was to pick them at 5. Like any good parent I was there 10 minutes early. The lifeguards were already starting to cover the pool so I figured the girls would be out from the changing area soon. WRONG!! And this is where the teenage drama starts. The girls had decided they wanted a snack so they left the pool 2 - 2 1/2 hours early. They didn't bother to use Z's phone to call for permission (isn't that one of the reasons she wanted a phone). After finishing their snacks the proceeded to walk down town. As I've already said we live in a small town, but we have tourists through town all summer, so my fear and anxiety were starting to raise. I ran down to Sid's house to see if by chance her mom had picked them up early and had forgot about calling me. NOPE! No girls there. Just a very upset six month pregnant mom. We both hit the streets looking for the girls. My phone calls and text messages were goin unanswered, even declined. As a parent you know how many rings before your child's voice mail kicks in, it's just a parent thing I guess.
Thankfully Sidney's mom found them! Where you might ask? JC Penney's. They decided to stop in and try on clothes!!! Needless to say Z is now grounded until well I haven't decided when. No phone, no social life. And when I finally decide she can have a social life again I will be present until she has finally earned my trust back.

The moving is coming along slowly. I have been waking up in pain more often then not. My pain pills seem to work for a couple hours and then taper off early. While I'm not hurting as often as I was, I'm still hurting.
My first lupus butterfly rash has finally gone. The shingles is gone!! Now if only the pain was completely gone. I know if I stress that it'll get worse and I'll end up having a flare up. But I have a ton of stress right now.
As I've told you we are getting ready to move. Well money is super tight. We had enough to make our down payment and that was it. Then out of the blue another bill popped up. Now we are trying to figure out how to come up with money.
Yesterday was J's birthday and we couldn't afford to buy gifts. Mind you he don't mind but all of this is making him feel really low about himself. 😞 I hate it!!! He busts his ass off to give us everything and yet feels like a failure. I wish he could see himself through my eyes.
He worries about how sick I am. Try to convince him that I'm okay. Or that I'm having a good day. He worries about me too much. He's put in at a couple different companies. Keep your fingers crossed that he will get one of the positions.

Well I guess I best go seeing as how it's going on 2 am


Xoxox
JAG

No comments:

Post a Comment