About Me

I'm a 36 year old happily married SAHM, college student. I have 3 beautiful little terrors who drive me insane by being so much like me. I am fighting the good fight against a rare auto immune disease called Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year.....

The holidays are finally over and a new year has begun. Thank heavens in some ways and in others it's just another day of another year. I never have really done the whole resolution "gimmick". I have always believed if I wanted something to change that I didn't need a certain day for me to start the change. I do, however, have some goals for myself for this year. I hope that I fulfill them but I also refuse to let not reaching them beat me down.

1. Work on my self-esteem.
Having MCTD really works on your self esteem. You go from being a very active person to someone who needs help getting out of bed most days. Even someone with the highest of esteems would have a major depression after dealing with MCTD for so long. 
I'm a mom. My main job is care giver and yet my 13 yr old DD is more of a care giver than I am. All 3 of my kids know how to help me stand since my leg muscles don't always work properly. I'm very lucky that all 3 of my kids are kind and caring people. They try to help me out as much as they can. 
My DH works a full day and then comes home to clean whatever I can't do and then he cooks and cleans up the kitchen. He never complains. Never treats me like I'm a burden. So I'm sure you can only imagine how that makes a girl feel.

2. Being more active..
With my muscles locking up on me more and more I need to start getting them more active. I stretch twice a day but it isn't working. So I'm wanting to try Yoga. So here is to hoping that it will do me some good.

3. Reading more. 
I love to read and am on a couple street teams for authors. I am thinking of doing some reviews for this blog. Who knows. (back to the self esteem issue lol). I'm making a goal of reading 200 books this year. So I'm excited to get that done. I'm already at 12. I think if I do reviews on here at least then I can keep up to count on how many I've read. lol. Not that anyone reads my blog and it will help but it will be counting system. 

4. Blog more.
I don't need people to read this, but I can't write in my journals anymore. My arthritis and muscles make it almost impossible to write the old fashioned way for more than a couple minutes. I'm hoping to use this blog as I intended it. To help me document my disease, and just get things out. This will also help me fight back on the depression that hits often. I won't be promising to blog every day, hopefully I will be blogging at least a couple days a week.
 I can't write on other social medias, not the way I truly feel. I know that everyone rants and raves on Facebook but I can't, not because I'm scared but more because I hate to sound like I'm whining or want pity. At least right here I am just me. No one knows who I am. 

Well that's all from me today. :) I need to get some sleep. The kids will be up soon They get to start back to school tomorrow. YAY!! And my college classes start soon too. So Night Dolls!!

XOXOX
<3   JAG

No comments:

Post a Comment